This week I had the pleasure of going strawberry picking! I love spring guys, well..after the pollen settles down of course. Spring is the birth to the new season: full of fresh produce! Every year, I go strawberry picking with the mother; we have good times and good vibes.
The strawberry farm is a few miles away from my house. I am lucky. Usually, I am late to strawberry picking. If you go later in May the results are squished inedible berries and scoured fields. This year, I went strawberry picking early. Boy, there were so many ripe ruby red strawberries waiting to be picked! There is nothing like eating strawberries from the source so much tastier than the grocery store.
Before I introduce this recipe, I have to give you some background information. My username on IG and Facebook is @savvydates, everything I bake and cook I use date paste or dried fruit for sweetener. I don’t use stevia, sugar, unrefined sugar, sugar alcohol etc. I sweeten my food with dates only, and for you lactose people out there my recipes are dairy free! For me no sugar means no sugar. I do give fructose a blind eye though, sorry. So, before you try my bake goods remember that it won’t be as sweet as the original, but I promise it will be just as good and healthy. Now, with that being said introducing:
Gluten-Free Strawberry Banana Bread
Sugar free and Paleo friendly
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium, bananas (126 g) (yellow/green color)
- 2 cup (s), fresh Strawberries (half diced the other half sliced)
- 2.5 cup (s), organic Buckwheat Flour
- 3 large, egg
- 1/4 cup, coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp (s), baking soda
- 1 tbsp, tapioca starch
- 1 cup, unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 tbsp (s), natural unsweetened Coco Powder *optional
- 0.50 tbsp (s), vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup, date Paste (or sweetener of juice if you not ready for dates!)
*if your bananas are ripe then you can cut down on the date paste*
Method Preheat oven to 350°
- Place 3 large eggs into a mixing bowl
- Then add the two bananas mash into smooth.
3. Next add the coconut oil, almond milk, starch, flour, vanilla date paste, and buckwheat flour mix till mixture resembles this:
4. Next add the diced strawberries mix- be sure not to over mix
5. Spray or grease down a bundt pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
6. Place sliced strawberries in the bottom of the bundt pan.
7. Fill the pan with the mixture and add sliced strawberries on top.
8. Sprinkle the coco powder on top of the strawberries.
9. Place in the oven and bake on 45 minutes.
10. When cake comes out the strawberries will be cooked into the cake.
11. Add sliced strawberries on top to make the cake look amazing.
12. Slice and eat!
This recipe was adapted from